Wednesday, July 22, 2009

TICKLE THE EARTH WITH A HOE AND SHE WILL LAUGH WITH A HARVEST



My winter squash is a bit of a bully. Pushing his way in front of the cucumbers, through the rows of beets, across the carrots and beans to see if the other side of the garden is greener!
One of my poles of green beans fancy the nearest tomato plant and my plum tree sees fit to pepper the cabbage with little green plums. My garden seems to have a sense of humor and displays a bit of a cheeky personality.
I am drawn to this small plot of ground that seems to have a soul of its own. It is giving up its harvest in small increments right now. A colander of raspberries, a salad a day, beets coming on, beans in bloom as are the tomatoes, with all 12 plants producing. My zucchini seems to be the only slacker in the patch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment